Friday 19 October 2012

Toys From Trash - Shayde and Billy



During African Cultural Week Faith talked with us about how in African villages children make most of the toys they play with. We decided to give it a go. 




How we made a Rugby goal. First we got 6 toilet rolls. We taped the 2 
toilet rolls in the middle. Then we grabbed the 2 
big rolls and we taped them together.
Then we grabbed another 2 rolls and
we put holes in the cardboard. Then
put the rolls in the holes 
and taped them to make it stand up. This was our  
a rugby post. We got two 
rolls then put one roll on top of the other
and tried to kick it in. The way to play is to 
put one roll on top of the other and try get it in 
the middle of the posts. And you can't throw it in...
THE END...............................................................



How I made my game. First I grabbed 4 chop sticks, I taped 2 together. Then
I used a window wiper stick for grip. Then I got a
rubber band and put it around the sticks. I taped
the rubber band onto the sticks then I taped the window wiper
to the sticks. Then I grabbed cups and stacked them. Then I made 
paper strips. To play you try to knock the cups down with the paper
strips that you fire from the slingshot.                                         

---THE END---

No comments:

Post a Comment